Ayrshire Homes
FHMCC wishes to thank Ayrshire Homes for their recent grant awarded in support of our 2016 / 17 projects. Information on the community council projects can be found in our monthly minutes at: http://fhmcc.org.uk/documents.php#meeting_minutes

Food waste bags
Food waste bags
Did you know that rolls of food waste caddy bags are for sale at Forehill Library?

Save the trip into town and pop into the library instead.

BBC Children In Need
Visit the news pages on this website for information on BBC Need awards grants.

DOG WORRYING (DISTURBING) SHEEP IS A CRIME
DOG WORRYING (DISTURBING) SHEEP IS A CRIME
This letter is to bring to your attention an increase in the number of sheep worrying reports received in the Ayrshire area. As lambing time approaches, Police Scotland has taken the decision to contact your community to highlight the seriousness of this crime and the penalties it incurs.

Please click on the image to download the letter as a PDF

Forehill Library at 31-33 Mt Oliphant Crescent is a hive of activity! Your local library is an ideal place to spend some time and is open to all ages 0-100! Why not check it out and try something new?

There are board games and jigsaws, a knit and natter group, a colouring book station and as colouring books are increasingly found to be a good source of therapy and relaxation- adults are catered for here too!

Tea and coffee is 50p a cup.
You can make use of the computers within the library, or you can take your own laptop and share the FREE wi-fi.

Forehill, Holmston & Masonhill Community Council is looking for suggestions for activities that you want to see at your local library.

Message us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FHMCCAYR or email secretary@fhmcc.org.uk with your suggestions.
It's YOUR community so please get involved!

Home Security Advice from Police Scotland:
https://www.facebook.com/
AyrshirePoliceDivision

South Ayrshire 1000 - Citezens’ Panel
South Ayrshire Council with its partners in the public and voluntary sectors, wants to survey attitudes and views on public services and policy issues.
South Ayrshire 1000
Citizens’ Panels are a way for local people to provide feedback on a range of issues and influence decision makers. The South Ayrshire Citizens’ Panel is called “South Ayrshire 1000” as it is the intention to have 1,000 members on the Panel. We have managed to recruit around 850 people who live in South Ayrshire who volunteered to http://www.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/sa1000

The Scottish Government has recently set up a national website highlighting the role of community councils.
See the letter below.
Scottish Government letter to Community Councils. November 2014
www.communitycouncils.org.uk

GET INVOLVED — Your input is what will help our community come together.
We would love to hear from you. We want this website to be about you. Send us your pictures, share your memories, tell us your stories about our area and we will publish them on our webpages. Let us know if you, or someone you know in the area, is celebrating a special occasion.
Check our website and facebook pages for forthcoming competitions.

Come to our meetings. FHMCC meet on the last Tuesday of each month at 7pm in Kyle Academy and we extend a warm welcome to local residents.

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FHMCCAYR

Email us at secretary@fhmcc.org.uk

Phone Us on 01292 280173

Ward 4, Ayr East area map
Ward 4, Ayr East area map
Click picture to enlarge


Sunset over Glencairn Park taken on the 11th March 2014
Sunset over Glencairn Park taken on the 11th March 2014
Click picture to enlarge


Forehill, Holmston and Masonhill Community Council Documents

 

Meeting Minutes

 

Meeting Minutes, Tuesday March 27th 2018

Minutes of Meeting

Tuesday 27th March, 2018, 7.00pm, Kyle Academy

 

Attended: John McGuire, Bill White, Dougie Smith, Anne Miller, Samantha Stewart, Sarah Gamble, Mary Elliot, Sandra Taylor, Ian McPherson.

Apologies Eileen Alexander, Tom Houston, Cllr Chris Cullen, Brian Wotherspoon.

Police Scotland PC Elizabeth Hunter, PC Ryan Cameron.

SAC Link Officer Chris Campbell.

Guests Brian Heddle, Douglas Paton, Jan Paton, Campbell Johnstone.

February Minutes Proposed by Ian McPherson, seconded by Samantha Stewart.

 

Police Scotland Report

 

         The level of reported crime remains low and is positive overall. Assaults have fallen and breaches of the peace have increased compared to March 2017. To view the full local report visit our webpage at http://fhmcc.org.uk/news.php and select the News and Events tag at the top of the page.

        Police Officers spoke to unit staff regarding parking at and around 1 Glenriddel Road however it was noted that No 1 Glenriddel will no longer be used as a SW unit and will revert back to housing stock.

        Resident's concerned about youth drinking and related noise in Glencairn Park at the weekends have reported back that this has calmed down considerably.

        A discussion was held concerning the rules around vehicle idling time and who oversees this.

        Police Scotland remind you to secure your homes and outbuildings and not to leave any items visible in your cars. If you see anything suspicious, contact them by calling 101 (999 for emergencies only).

Secretary's report

        Correspondence, both sent and received, was read out to the room and related items included in the agenda.

Treasurer's report

        The Treasurer reported on receipts and expenditures since our last meeting.

        At present total funds stand at £1730.57.

 

AGM and FHMCC Officer election.

 

        SAC Officer Chris Campbell took the chair and the FHMCC Office Bearers stood down. There followed nominations for the posts of Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Planning Officer and Licencing Officer.

 

FHMCC 2018 / 2019 Initiatives

 

        FHMCC website - Design review progress. This item is ongoing and will no longer be classed as a CC Initiative

        Castlehill Estate Pathways. FHMCC have been successful in their grant application made to the South Ayr Decides Team and have been awarded just under £2.5K. This funding will be used to purchase the materials needed to complete 1 kilometre of pathway round Castlehill Woods. John McGuire will continue to pursue funding opportunities for Phase III and will organise the completion of Phase II

        Litter/Environment. The litter problem around the Overmills area continues. Guests attending mentioned that an official complaint had been made to SAC and that some litter picking was carried out by students of Kyle. John McGuire agreed to contact SAC to take these concerns forward. Anne will contact the Kyle Academy Head teacher with an invitation to join us at our May meeting. All Community Councillors will bring ideas to the April meeting on how we can best highlight and progress resolution of the litter problem in our area.

         Kyle Cycle Track. No growth reported. This item is ongoing and will no longer be classed as a CC initiative.

Round Table Updates

 

        ARA Cycle Path. ARA will join us at our April meeting and provide an update on the cycle path and sustainable travel.

        Energy Agency. Bill reported that the Energy Agency are currently upgrading housing stock in surrounding villages.

         Glencairn Park. Brian Heddle advised that SAC will commence work on the lower section of the park's pathways. Brian will continue to monitor Glencairn Park and advise on progress.

        Forehill Shops Parking. Deferred.

        Fundraising/Donations. Thanks to all who gave raffle donations for our fundraiser on 6th April. A local resident generously funded the Daffodil Tea to be held at Forehill Library this spring. Keep an eye out for more information on this. Samantha proposed a £50 donation to a local initiative for McMillan Cancer support; Dougie seconded. It was agreed that Funding will be added to the 2018 / 2019 list of initiatives.

        Street Lighting at Forehill Shopping arcade. Following the February meeting an email request was sent to ARA Street lighting to enquire if more lighting could be installed at the Forehill precinct. FHMCC is very pleased to report that the street lighting in the central footway has been doubled from single pendants to double pendants.

 

AOB

 

        The problem of increased dog fouling was discussed. It was noted that members of the public can report dog fouling directly to Police Scotland on their 101 number with the dog owner's contact details.

        Community Councillors have been asked to bring donation ideas to the April meeting.

        Correspondence was received from the Scottish Rural Action group. This will not be pursued as it is intended for rural groups only.

        It was agreed that FHMCC would become members of the Galloway National Park Association. Anne will take this forward.

        The wooden structure with slides at Ayr Esplanade children's beach park is being dismantled. Can any part of the structure be used by FHMCC in either Castlehill Woods or Glencairn Park? Ian McPherson will contact SAC to discuss.

        Southcraig School will begin their gardening project soon. The school really need some keen gardeners to help with this project. If you would like the help them, please contact the school.

        FHMCC would like to thank our outgoing Vice-Chair, Mr. Bill White for all of his work for the community within FHMCC. Bill will continue in his role of Environment officer/ Energy Agency Board Member and as the community council Planning contact.

 

Next Meeting

 

         Tuesday 24th April. 2018, 7pm, Kyle Academy. Local Residents are welcome.

http://fhmcc.org.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/FHMCCAYR/

 

 

Meeting Minutes, Tuesday February 28th 2018

Minutes of Meeting

28TH February, 2018, 7.00pm, Kyle Academy

 

Attended: John McGuire, Dougie Smith, Anne Miller, Samantha Stewart, Brian Wotherspoon, Sarah Gamble, Mary Lewis, Sandra Taylor, Eileen Alexander, Ian McPherson,

Apologies Bill White, Alison Russell, Tom Houston, Cllr Chris Cullen.

Police Scotland PC Ross Menzies, PC Buchanan Grant.

SAC Link Officer Chris Campbell, Cllr Mary Kilpatrick, Cllr Brian McGinley

Guests Brian Heddle, Ian Douglas, Douglas Paton, Jan Paton, Eileen Fellner, Campbell Johnston.

January Minutes Proposed by Sandra Taylor, seconded by Samantha Stewart

 

Police Scotland Report

 

         The level of reported crime remains low and is positive overall. Assaults have increased slightly whilst drugs offences have reduced and Breaches of the Peace have remained static but the detection rate remains high with regard to these types of crime. To view the full report visit our webpage at http://fhmcc.org.uk/news.php and select the News and Events tag at the top of the page.

         Concerns were raised by those present about parking at Forehill Shopping Arcade, Forehill Primary, Kilnbank Crescent and a particular hotspot in Glenriddel Road. Police Officers will engage with Staff at the Unit in Glenriddel and will discuss parking issues at a future CC meeting.

        Police Officers also took note of Residents concerns about youth drinking in Glencairn Park at the weekends.

         Officers also informed of the Youth Disorder and Anti Social Project and the Public Consultation underway. You can access their website at http://www.scotland.police.uk/about-us/decision-

         making/public-consultation/

         Police Scotland remind you to secure your homes and outbuildings and not to leave any items visible in your cars. If you see anything suspicious, contact them by calling 101 (999 for emergencies only).

 

 

Secretary's report

 

         All correspondence has been forwarded to FHMCC members or included in the agenda.

 

Treasurer's report

 

         The Treasurer reported on receipts and expenditures since our last meeting.

         At present total funds stand at £1794.57

 

FHMCC 2017 Projects Update

 

         FHMCC website - Design review progress - Brian Wotherspoon

         Castlehill Estate Pathways. Funding opportunities were discussed. Chair John McGuire advised that a grant application has been submitted to the South Ayr Decides Team for funding for materials.

         Litter/Environment. The litter problem around the Overmills area continues. Local Residents attended to voice their concern and upset at the amount of litter being dumped in residential areas around Kyle Academy. Community Councillor Eileen Alexander brought four bags of refuse to the meeting to demonstrate the amount of litter in the area. The bags were collected from only one small area highlighting the scale of the problem.

         Kyle Cycle Track. Update will be made in March.

 

Round Table Updates

 

         ARA Cycle Path. Ian McPherson reported that consideration of the cycle track by Sustrans/ARA is currently static with no progression and no current updates. The cycle path breakout group will continue to monitor this and report back to the Committee. Members of the public at our meeting voiced their concerns and opinions and a general discussion took place.

         Energy Agency. Bill will report back in March.

         Glencairn Park. Brian Heddle advised there are no updates at present. Brian will continue to monitor Glencairn Park and advise the committee of any progress at future meetings.

         Forehill Shops Parking. Deferred until March - update from Cllr Cullen

         Safety Railings on Holmston Road. Maps of the area will be provided by Bill White at a future meeting.

         Fundraising. Dougie Smith and Anne Miller bid for a £1K grant for another AED and have been successful. Our second Defib will be installed on the wall of the Spar shop at Hillfoot Road. Arrangements are underway to have this work carried out. Anne has applied to Ayr Rotary Club for their £200 Treasure Chest grant. This grant is open to all local groups. Find out how to apply at http://rotaryclubofayr.org/

 

AOB

 

         Street Lighting at Forehill Shopping arcade. Staff at Forehill shopping arcade raised concerns with Community Councillors about the street lighting in the area. ARA are restricted in the number of lumens they are allowed to have in any one street and it was also noted that their purpose is to light public footpaths rather than buildings. FHMCC will email ARA to enquire if increased street lighting is possible in this area and will contact Forehill shops when ARA's response has been received.

         Donation. A donation of £100 was proposed by John McGuire and seconded by Dougie Smith to help Forehill Sewing Club rebuild after a recent fire destroyed their entire stock and machinery.

         Forehill Primary School. The school are still looking for volunteers to mark their 50th anniversary. Sandra Taylor will contact the school to offer her help. If you think you can help please contact Ian McPherson in the first instance by email at ianmcpherson18@hotmai.co.uk

         Daffodil Tea. Our fundraisers, Samantha, Sarah and Mary are hosting a daffodil tea, on behalf of FHMCC, for our residents to be held at Forehill Library. Keep an eye on our notice boards, FB page and website for details.

         Raffle Prizes. The Fundraising Team have asked for donations for our April fundraiser. Please bring along to the March meeting.

 

Next Meeting

 

         Tuesday 29th April. 2018. Local Residents are welcome.

http://fhmcc.org.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/FHMCCAYR/

 

 

Meeting Minutes, Tuesday January 30th 2018

Minutes of Meeting

30THJanuary, 2018, 7.00pm, Kyle Academy

 

Attended: John McGuire, Bill White, Dougie Smith, Anne Miller, Samantha Stewart, Brian Wotherspoon, Tom Houston, Sarah Gamble, Mary Lewis, Alison Russell, Sandra Taylor,

Apologies Ian McPherson, Cllr Mary Kilpatrick, Cllr Brian McGinley, Eileen Alexander

Police Scotland PC Richard Armstrong

SAC Link Office, Chris Campbell

Guests Brian Heddle, Lochlin Highet, Richard North, M. Phinister

 

January Minutes Proposed by Dougie Smith, seconded by Mary Lewis.

 

Police Scotland Report

 

         There were no motor vehicle or drink driving offences in January. There was one housebreaking, 2 drugs offences, five assaults and two breaches of the peace.

         To view the full report visit our webpage at http://fhmcc.org.uk/news.php and select the News and Events tag at the top of the page.

         Police Scotland remind you to secure your homes and outbuildings and not to leave any items visible in your cars. If you see anything suspicious, contact them by calling 101 (999 for emergencies only).

 

Secretary's report

 

         Following concerns raised by Residents from Castlehill Road an email was sent to French Haulage asking them to reconsider the route used by their heavy goods vehicles.

         Correspondence was received from Spar confirming they will meet the cost of the AED installation and the machine running costs for the Hillfoot Road area AED machine.

         All other correspondence has been forwarded to FHMCC members or included in the agenda.

 

Treasurer's report

 

         The Treasurer reported on receipts and expenditures since our last meeting.

         At present total funds stand at £1,808.57

 

FHMCC 2017 Projects Update

 

         FHMCC website - Design review ongoing - Brian Wotherspoon.

 

         Castlehill Estate Pathways. SAC have cleared 2 large sections of bamboo and will carry out weed control and weed spraying. The forestry team have identified which trees can be thinned out. Work has begun on clearing paths which will then be resurfaced with whin dust. Drainage work has also been carried out.

 

         Litter/Environment. The litter problem around the Overmills area continues. The FHMCC Officer for litter and environment has stepped down. There is no replacement at present.

 

         Kyle Cycle Track. A winter update will be made in March.

 

Round Table Updates

 

         ARA Cycle Path. 1500 leaflets were distributed by hand and through local shops. Local Resident's correspondence was acknowledged and their concerns are being collated prior to the next meeting with Ayrshire Roads Alliance (ARA). Discussions have been held with the West of Scotland University Campus, Ayr and meetings will be arranged with local cycle groups.

 

         Glencairn Park. Brian Heddle will contact Cllr Kilpatrick. SAC Link Officer Chris Campbell will speak to the SAC Grounds Maintenance office for an update on any planned remedial work. Brian and Chris will report their findings in February.

 

         Forehill Shops Parking. Cllr Cullen will update at February meeting.

 

         Safety Railings on Holmston Road. Bill will produce maps of the area for the next meeting.

 

         Fundraising. An application has been submitted to South Ayr Decides for a £1K grant to be used to install a second AED machine at the Hillfoot Road shopping arcade

 

AOB

 

         Street Lighting at Forehill Shopping arcade. Shop workers have voiced concerns regarding inadequate street lighting in the arcade. SAC Link officer Chris Campbell will make enquiries re individual shop Landlords and will advise in February. FHMCC endorse the request for better street lighting in the area and will support this where possible.

         SAC Budget Consultation. The link to this webpage was forwarded by email to the committee and all resident's email addresses on file. Information was posted on our website and FB pages. The consultation is now closed.

         Donation. Samantha requested on behalf of a local resident who is raising funds for the Brain Tumour Charity. John proposed a £50 donation which was seconded by Sarah.

         Forehill Primary School. The school is 50 this year and would like to mark this with various events. The Nursery's project is “50 people for 50 years” and they are asking for Ayr East Residents to help them by sharing their experiences with school pupils and parents. For example if you draw or paint, write poetry, are involved with a local business or you have a particular hobby, the Nursery would love to hear from you. Contact Ian McPherson by email at ianmcpherson18@hotmai.co.uk

 

Next Meeting

 

         Tuesday 27th March 2018. Local Residents are welcome.

 



 

Meeting Agendas

 

Meeting Agenda, Tuesday April 24th 2018

 

Agenda

  Apologies

  Police Report

  Minutes of last meeting

  Ayrshire Roads Alliance - optioneering report on sustainable travel links in Ayr

  Secretary's report

  Treasurer's Report

 

FHMC 2017 / 2018 Initiatives

  Castlehill Estate Pathways Phase II - John

  Litter/Environment - Ideas from the room on how to tackle the litter problem

  Fundraising - Fundraising Team

 

 

Round table

  Energy Agency Board - Bill

  Glencairn Park - Brian Heddle

  The dismantling of the Esplanade children's play park wooden slide - Ian McPherson

  Donation Ideas - All

 

AOB

Dog waste/litter bins in the Craigholm Road to River Ayr area

Plastic Free Community

 

 

 

 

 

Meeting Agenda, Tuesday March 27th 2018

 

Agenda

  Apologies

  Police Report

  Minutes of last meeting

  Secretary's report.

  Treasurer's Report

  AGM and Officer Elections - Chair Chris Campbell, SAC

 

FHMC 2017 / 2018 Initiatives

  Castlehill Estate Pathways Phase II - John

  Litter/Environment - All

  Kyle Cycle Track - Winter update in March.

 

  FHMCC Website - Webpage re-design - Brian Wotherspoon

 

 

Round table

  2018 / 2019 Projects

  Energy Agency Board - Bill

  Cycle Path Update - Break out group

  Glencairn Park upkeep - Brian Heddle

  Fundraising update - Fundraising Team

  Poor street lighting at Forehill shopping precinct - Anne

  Scottish Rural Action Group

 

AOB

 

 

 

 

 

Meeting Agenda, Tuesday January 30th 2018

 

Agenda

  Apologies - Eileen Alexander, Ian McPherson

  Police Report

  Minutes of last meeting

  Secretary's report.

  Treasurer's Report

 

FHMC 2017 / 2018 Initiatives

  Castlehill Estate Pathways Phase II - John

  Litter/Environment - Litter Audit Update - Kenny Campbell. Discuss possible rewards system for Kyle Pupils with Chris Campbell.

  Kyle Cycle Track. Update in February

 

  FHMCC Website - Brian Wotherspoon

 

Round table

  Energy Agency Board - Bill

  Cycle Path Update - Break out group

  Glencairn Park upkeep - Brian Heddle

  Fundraising - None planned this quarter

 

AOB

  Safety Railings at exits from the River Ayr Walk on to Holmston Road

  SAC Local Planning 2

  Poor street lighting at Forehill shopping precinct

  Forehill Primary 50 Year Celebration”. They are looking to find 50 local people who do something that is unusual or interesting in the local area, Artists , poetry, Represented Ayrshire or Country etc. Ian McPherson/John McGuire

 

 

 



 

All meetings of Community Councils, or its Sub–Committees are required to be recorded in the form of written minutes.

 

Minutes should be agreed and approved at the next meeting of the Community Council, or its Sub–Committee.

 

A copy of the approved minutes must be sent within two weeks of them being approved to the:

 

Head of Policy, Community Planning and Public Affairs,
South Ayrshire Council,
County Buildings,
Wellington Square,
Ayr,
KA7 1DR,
Email: communitycouncils@south-ayrshire.gov.uk

 

Anyone wishing a copy of a particular Community Council Minute should contact:

 

Community Councils,
Legal and Democratic Services,
Resources, Governance and Organisation Directorate,
South Ayrshire Council,
County Buildings,
Wellington Square,
AYR,
Tel: (01292) 612181,
Email: communitycouncils@south-ayrshire.gov.uk



Community Council Handbook

 

Please visit this link to view the complete Community Council Handbook.