Ayrshire Homes
FHMCC wishes to thank Ayrshire Homes for their recent grant awarded in support of our 2016 / 17 projects. Information on the community council projects can be found in our monthly minutes at: http://fhmcc.org.uk/documents.php#meeting_minutes

Food waste bags
Food waste bags
Did you know that rolls of food waste caddy bags are for sale at Forehill Library?

Save the trip into town and pop into the library instead.

DOG WORRYING (DISTURBING) SHEEP IS A CRIME
DOG WORRYING (DISTURBING) SHEEP IS A CRIME
This letter is to bring to your attention an increase in the number of sheep worrying reports received in the Ayrshire area. As lambing time approaches, Police Scotland has taken the decision to contact your community to highlight the seriousness of this crime and the penalties it incurs.

Please click on the image to download the letter as a PDF

Forehill Library at 31-33 Mt Oliphant Crescent is a hive of activity! Your local library is an ideal place to spend some time and is open to all ages 0-100! Why not check it out and try something new?

There are board games and jigsaws, a knit and natter group, a colouring book station and as colouring books are increasingly found to be a good source of therapy and relaxation- adults are catered for here too!

Tea and coffee is 50p a cup.
You can make use of the computers within the library, or you can take your own laptop and share the FREE wi-fi.

Forehill, Holmston & Masonhill Community Council is looking for suggestions for activities that you want to see at your local library.

Message us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FHMCCAYR or email secretary@fhmcc.org.uk with your suggestions.
It's YOUR community so please get involved!

Home Security Advice from Police Scotland:
https://www.facebook.com/
AyrshirePoliceDivision

South Ayrshire 1000 - Citezens’ Panel
South Ayrshire Council with its partners in the public and voluntary sectors, wants to survey attitudes and views on public services and policy issues.
South Ayrshire 1000
Citizens’ Panels are a way for local people to provide feedback on a range of issues and influence decision makers. The South Ayrshire Citizens’ Panel is called “South Ayrshire 1000” as it is the intention to have 1,000 members on the Panel. We have managed to recruit around 850 people who live in South Ayrshire who volunteered to http://www.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/sa1000

The Scottish Government has recently set up a national website highlighting the role of community councils.
See the letter below.
Scottish Government letter to Community Councils. November 2014
www.communitycouncils.org.uk

GET INVOLVED — Your input is what will help our community come together.
We would love to hear from you. We want this website to be about you. Send us your pictures, share your memories, tell us your stories about our area and we will publish them on our webpages. Let us know if you, or someone you know in the area, is celebrating a special occasion.
Check our website and facebook pages for forthcoming competitions.

Come to our meetings. FHMCC meet on the last Tuesday of each month at 7pm in Kyle Academy and we extend a warm welcome to local residents.

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FHMCCAYR

Email us at secretary@fhmcc.org.uk

Phone Us on 07935 169 749

Ward 4, Ayr East area map
Ward 4, Ayr East area map
Click picture to enlarge


Sunset over Glencairn Park taken on the 11th March 2014
Sunset over Glencairn Park taken on the 11th March 2014
Click picture to enlarge


Forehill, Holmston and Masonhill Community Council Documents 2020

 

Meeting Minutes

 

Meeting Minutes, November 24th 2020

Tuesday, 24TH November 2020, 7.00pm, Zoom Online

 

Attended:   John McGuire, Anne Miller, Mary Elliot

Apologies Tom Houston, Bill White,  Alison Russell, Brian Wotherspoon, Cllr Cullen, Dougie Smith, Sarah Gamble, Sandra Taylor, Brian Wotherspoon, Samantha Laidlaw. Chris Campbell SAC.

NB. The following are meeting notes, not formal minutes.  If anyone has concerns or comments regarding the contents, please take note and be ready to discuss at our next meeting or by email.

 

UNDER DISCUSSION  

· Castlehill Estate.  John has contacted SAC Park Rangers.  

· Litter/Environment.  Deferred to 2021.  Leaf fall is causing concern as it’s making it very slippery underfoot.  Mary will contact SAC to ask for a clear up in local lanes.

· Beautification of the area.  Bulb Planting has  been completed at Castlehill Woods entrances, Glencairn roundabout on Mt Oliphant, Roman Road and Gavin Hamilton Court.

· Christmas donations / gifts. It was decided to give monetary donations to the primary schools instead of a gift of pencils.  This is due to people’s concerns re the spread of coronavirus.  

· Christmas donations therefore are:-

· 

Ø £50 pounds to each school’s PTA associations.  Schools are Kyle and Queen Margaret Academies, Holmston, Forehill, St John’s Primary’s, Southcraig  = £300

Ø Christmas treats for Orchard and Hamilton houses – Approx spend of £80

Ø Donation to the Night before Christmas charity = £100

Ø Donation to the Salvation Armey = £100

Ø Christmas Hamper Competition – 2 hampers at approx. cost of £50 each = £100

 

· The Night Before Xmas Charity.  Anne emailed the charity to ask how FHMCC could offer practical help but has had no response.  John will follow up.

· Glenriddel Road change of designated use to the grassy area.  Bill has been in contact with planning and is waiting for their response.

 

AOB.   Get well soon wishes from us all to Community Councillors Alison Russel and Sandra Taylor.

 

FHMCC is now in recess and will reconvene in January.  Any communications needed will be by email.

  

Next Meeting – Tuesday 26th January,  7pm on ZOOM – a meeting link will be emailed on the day.

 

http://www.fhmcc.org.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/FHMCCAYR/

 

Meeting Minutes, October 27th 2020

Tuesday, 27th October 2020, 7.00pm, MS Teams Online

 

Attended:   John McGuire, Anne Miller, Dougie Smith, Mary Elliot, Sarah Gamble, Sandra Taylor

SAC  SAC Officer Chris Campbell

Apologies Tom Houston, Bill White,  Alison Russell, Brian Wotherspoon, Cllr Cullen

NB. The following are meeting notes, not formal minutes.  If anyone has concerns or comments regarding the contents, please take note and be ready to discuss at our next meeting.  

 

Secretary’s report – Nothing to report.

 

Treasurer's report – The Treasurer read his report to the room.            

 

UNDER DISCUSSION  

· Castlehill Estate.  John is waiting to hear from Rozelle/Belleisle Rangers.  He will contact Fiona Ross regarding clearing some of the Rhododendrons.  

· Litter/Environment.  No date set for a litter pick.  

· Fundraising.  None planned.

· Beautification of the area.  Bulb Planting.  Ayrshire Homes have agreed to bulb planting in their area and bulbs will be split between Glencairn Roundabout and sundry areas and the entrance to Castlehill Woods.

· School Clothes Donation.  John will update at the 10th November meeting.

· Christmas donations / gifts. Samantha suggested a gift of a pencil and rubber to each Primary school child which was agreed in principle.   A donation of £50 to the two local Secondary school and donations of £30 to Southcraig and St John’s primary were discussed.  Alternately, donations of £50 to each school’s PTA was also considered. A final decision on this will be taken at the interim meeting on the 10th November.  (Approximately £80 of funding is earmarked for the annual Xmas gift to Orchard and Hamilton Houses).

· Donations of £100 each for the charity Night Before Christmas and the Salvation Army were agreed.    

· The Night Before Xmas Charity.   Anne will contact the charity to determine what practical help we can offer.

· A Free Christmas hamper competition was agreed with a limit of £50 per hamper.  There will be one hamper drawn online, and one hamper by post code lottery.  Samantha, Sarah and Mary will take this forward.  

· Notice Boards.  Due to wear and tear it was decided to remove the notice boards at Holmston Primary and Castlehill Woods front gate.  The notice board at Forehill Library will remain for now.

· SAC Link Officer. No updates.

· Glenriddel Road change of designated use to the grassy area.  Needs checked with planning.

· Glencairn Park. Grant applications to match SAC spend on remedial work in Glencairn Park – deferred until details of the SAC spend/work have been made available.

  

Next Meeting – Tuesday 15thh November 7pm on ZOOM – a meeting link will be emailed out on the day.

 

http://www.fhmcc.org.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/FHMCCAYR/

 

Meeting Minutes, January 28th 2020

 

Tuesday, 28TH January 2020, 7.00pm, Kyle Academy

Attended:   John McGuire, Ian McPherson, Anne Miller, Bill White, Dougie Smith, Mary Elliot, Samantha        

 Laidlaw, Alison Russell, Brian Wotherspoon, Tom Houston, Sarah Gambol

SAC:  Cllr Chris Cullen, SAC Link Officer Chris Campbell

Police Scotland:                PC McHill, Chief Inspector Brian Anderson

Guests:   Elsie McDougall, Shannon Donoghue, Alison McMillan, Margaret Gossman,

Apologies   Sandra Taylor, Brian Heddle

Matters Arising:    None

Declarations of Interest: None

November Minutes:        Proposed by Dougie Smith, Seconded by Ian McPherson

Police Scotland Report  

· FHMCC welcomed Chief Inspector Brian Anderson who has recently taken up post and who has visited all community councils in the area to introduce himself and to find out more about our community.

· PC McHill gave a summary of recorded crimes in our area including reports of thefts from cars.  He reminds everyone that it is good practise to lock our cars even if we are only going to be away for a few minutes as this is all the time it can take for a theft to happen.

· Pavement parking on Holmston Road was noted for extra attention by local police.  

· Cars idling in the Overmills area when pupils are picked up from school.  If residents have concerns they should contact the school who will pass the information to the police   

· You can find out more on the Police Scotland website at  https://www.scotland.police.uk/your-community/ayrshire/south-ayrshire/ayr-east/

· Police Scotland remind you to secure your homes and outbuildings and not to leave any items visible in your car.  If you see anything suspicious contact them by calling 101 (999 for emergencies only).

Secretary’s report

· Correspondence was read out

Treasurer's report

· Total banked finances this month stand at £3108.36 .  Treasurer Dougie Smith reported on income and expenditure. 

FHMCC 2018 / 2019 Initiatives  

· Castlehill Estate Pathways.  The pathway is in a good state of repair and any remedial work will be carried out as and when needed.  This initiative is now completed.

· Litter/Environment.  It was proposed FHMCC begin a litter picking initiative in the spring.  Members are asked to bring suggested litter pick areas to the March meeting

· Fundraising.  The next fundraiser is confirmed for 8th May when FHMCC will welcome Eppie Graham and Friends.  Tickets will be available nearer the time.  An application has been made for funding for a 2020 Community Fun Day.

· Beautification of the area.  Following on from the 2000 daffodil bulbs planted in the grassy area on St Andrews Street, the wee gardens on Lothian Road, and the grass areas in Lochlea Drive (Castlehill Road end) and at the foot of Shavin Brae, the wild flower meadow area in Castlehill Woods is next on the list.

 Round Table Update 

· Planning. Holmston House has a new Architect and Design team who are currently working to ensure the building is wind and watertight and clearing the surrounding land.

· No licencing concerns identified this month.

· Energy Agency – the proposed Hydro Electric station on the banks of the River Ayr was discussed. CC Bill White will liaise with the energy agency regarding concerns raised.

· The Overmills landscaping project will continue with more undergrowth cutback and bulb planting.

                                                            (FHMCC Jan mins cont – round table update)

· Glencairn Park Paths/Mugga – improvements are being looked at.  Litter bins/Traffic Calming in the area are also under discussion.  More information on this will follow.  

· Hawthorn Drive/Briar Grove resident’s concerns regarding road conditions and speeding.  John McGuire will contact those residents who voiced concerns to advise.    

· Our donations guidelines were discussed and members are asked to bring donations suggestions to the March meeting.  Chair John McGuire put forward a suggestion that the CC donate a tree to local residents in respect of special occasions, for example  new-borns,  it is proposed that we would plant the tree in resident’s gardens or open spaces in the area.

· The cost of repairing our notice board at Holmston Primary will be investigated by CC Brian Wotherspoon.

· SAC Youth Bus in Forehill being considered.

· Pedestrian access at the lanes leading from Ellisland Square and Ellisland Place do not have dropped kerbs for wheelchairs/mobility scooters.  Ayrshire Roads Alliance are inspecting these areas.

· FHMCC events for 2020 are the Eppie Graham night in May, the Community Fun Day in July and the Pumpkin Walk in Castlehill Woods in October.  CC’s Samantha Laidlaw and Sarah Gambol will manage other events eg local school fetes, Residents tea and cakes days etc.  Secretary Anne Miller will continue to arrange the Christmas gift giving for Orchard House.

Q&A sessions – February with Councillor Chris Cullen

· Ayr Hospital Proposed Closure of Cancer Ward.  Cllr Cullen advise that talks are ongoing between SAC and the NHS and that SAC are opposed to the closure.  There is an online survey available to complete and local Residents are encouraged to write to the local health board and the Scottish Health minister detailing your views.  FHMCC will also send formal letter to both of these offices.

· May Day public holiday / VE day.  SAC are one of three councils in Scotland to decide not to move the May Day holiday from the Monday to the Friday.  Some reasons cited by Sac include; some parents may have already arranged holidays for the original date; private companies and some major local employers are not implementing the change which may impact childcare needs; trade unions have expressed concern about the one-off change as this day has been traditionally associated with workers in the trade union movement.

· Cancellation of Burnsfest.  This decision was made due to the cost of the running the festival.  A report is being prepared regarding what to do with the money saved.  We hope to have more information on this at our next meeting.

· Station Hotel.  Nothing to report at present.  The cost of the scaffolding etc is being met by the Scottish Parliament who will recoup the money from the owner.

· The Airshow.  South Ayrshire Council have been in touch with the show organisers to discuss.  At this date the organisers have not responded.

AOB

· SAC’s Community Council Review is not yet concluded.   FHMCC will write to SAC to confirm that we do not want a change to our Link Officer or his invaluable attendance at our meetings.

· A letter from Greenspace was discussed and its contents will be advertised on our FB and Website pages.

· Parking in Overmills Road.  The Secretary of the Residents Association will write the Cllr Cullen detailing their concerns.

· Burns House planned demolition is set for late 2020.

· Ayrshire Archives are scheduled to move to the old Ayr Academy this summer.  Items from the Archives will be rotated on display at Ayr Town Hall.

· Burns Cottage is badly in need of repair. CC Tom Houston will draft a letter to the National Trust and forward it to the FHMCC Secretary.

Next Meeting - February 25th 2020, 7pm, Kyle Academy.

http://fhmcc.org.uk/ -  https://www.facebook.com/FHMCCAYR/

 



 

Meeting Agendas

 

Meeting Agenda, Tuesday November 24th 2020

Agenda

Ø Apologies

Ø Oct 27th Notes.

Ø Secretary’s Report – All pertinent correspondence has forwarded by email to Committee Members

Ø Treasurer’s Report

 

Round table

Ø Update on the Rangers / Castlehill Woods - John

Ø Update on The Night Before Xmas charity – Anne

Ø Update on Christmas donations - Dougie

Ø Update on hamper competition – Samantha

Ø Update on Primary School gifts – Samantha

Ø Update on proposed litter pick

Ø AOB

 

 

Meeting Agenda, Tuesday February 25th 2020

Agenda

Ø Apologies

Ø Police Report

Ø Fiona Ross, SAC

Ø Alex Murphy, South Ayrshire Dementia Support

Ø January Minutes

Ø Secretary’s Report

Ø Treasurer’s Report

 

FHMC 2018 / 2019 Initiatives

Ø Castlehill Estate Pathways - Completed

Ø Litter/Environment – All (proposed litter pick areas)

Ø Fundraising – Update on proposed 8th May fundraiser (Samantha). 2020 Grant application update (Anne).

Ø Area Beautification – Next steps (Fiona)

 

Round table

Ø Energy Agency Hyrdro build update – deferred to March

Ø Planning – deferred to March

Ø Overmills project

Ø Glencairn Park Paths / Mugga/Traffic Calming/Litter Bins – Cllr Cullen

Ø Holmston Notice Board Perspex Cost (Brian)

Ø SAC Youth Bus in Forehill  

Ø  Pedestrian/mobility Access to Ellisland Square Lanes – Ayrshire Roads Alliance

Ø Community Council Consultation / SAC Link Officers role

Ø Donation requests / suggestions

Ø Burns Cottage repairs – letter to the National Trust - Tom

Ø NHS Cancer care moving from Ayr to Crosshouse

 

AOB

Ø Q&A – CC/SAC Cllrs

 

Meeting Agenda, Tuesday January 28th 2020

Agenda

Ø Apologies

Ø Police Report

Ø November Minutes

Ø Secretary’s Report

Ø Treasurer’s Report

 

FHMC 2018 / 2019 Initiatives

Ø Castlehill Estate Pathways

Ø Litter/Environment

Ø Fundraising – 2020 Grant applications, FHMCC Donations guide & Forehill PS Parents Council & Holmston PS Parents Voice request for donations

Ø Area Beautification

 

Round table

Ø Energy Agency Board Update

Ø Planning / Holmston House update

Ø Area Landscaping Overmills Area

Ø Glencairn Park Paths / Mugga/Traffic Calming/Litter Bins

Ø Resurface of Hawthorn Drive / speeding in Briar Grove

Ø Holmston Notice Board Perspex Cost

Ø SAC Youth Bus in Forehill  

Ø  Pedestrian/mobility Access to Ellisland Square Lanes

Ø List of FHMCC planned Events in 2020

Ø From November meeting re SAC Councillors attendance at FHMCC meetings and where possible at least one SAC Cllr attends each month.  Suggestion from Cllr McGinley that FHMCC will flag up – ahead of the meeting – what topics we would like updated on

Ø Community Council Consultation / SAC Link Officers role

Ø Forehill PS Parents Council & Holmston PS Parents Voice request for donations

 

AOB

Ø Parking on Overmills Road – Letter from Hazlebank & Kilnbank Residents Association

Ø NHS Cancer care moving from Ayr to CrosshouseVE Day Celebrations



 

All meetings of Community Councils, or its Sub–Committees are required to be recorded in the form of written minutes.

 

Minutes should be agreed and approved at the next meeting of the Community Council, or its Sub–Committee.

 

A copy of the approved minutes must be sent within two weeks of them being approved to the:

 

Head of Policy, Community Planning and Public Affairs,
South Ayrshire Council,
County Buildings,
Wellington Square,
Ayr,
KA7 1DR,
Email: communitycouncils@south-ayrshire.gov.uk

 

Anyone wishing a copy of a particular Community Council Minute should contact:

 

Community Councils,
Legal and Democratic Services,
Resources, Governance and Organisation Directorate,
South Ayrshire Council,
County Buildings,
Wellington Square,
AYR,
Tel: (01292) 612181,
Email: communitycouncils@south-ayrshire.gov.uk



Community Council Handbook

 

Please visit this link to view the complete Community Council Handbook.